Recruiters receive a number of resumes everyday, making it impossible for them to manually filter through all the applications. Therefore, they need some help from technology.
What is Resume Parsing?
Resume Parsing, is extracting information from a non-standard/free-form resume or CV to convert it into structured information. This data can then be stored, analysed and reported. The resume is first imported into the parsing software and then information is sorted and stored in the system.
Benefits of resume parsing:
- Extract information from any file formats such as Doc, Docx, HTML, RTF, PDF, PNG, and JPEG.
- Increases efficiency and saves recruiters’ time.
- Creates and updates a valuable database of candidates’ information.
- ML-based Parser understands the context pf phrases beyond keywords.
- Resume parsers can disable Personally Identifiable Information to reduce hiring biases.